Friday 28 December 2012

Dream Think Innovate

Abhishek Shashank
Founder, InnovAccer

As a young entrepreneur I have always wanted to touch the lives of millions of people and create that small positive difference. It is and has always been a dream- a dream I have believed in. And here I am, writing this article as a dreamer and a believer.

The past couple of years have been very exciting. I had the opportunity to work with a global manufacturing giant, develop new technology products, lead a group of engineers, work with marketers to get a few products out in the market, and finally quitting a fabulous job to build a company that could accelerate research and innovation across the globe. During these times, I have had an opportunity to interact with an amazing set of people from various origins, speaking various languages, and having varied beliefs and it is exciting to see how people chase dreams in their own different ways.

When I first started thinking of becoming an entrepreneur, I was lost. I had no direction but immense passion. I wanted to build the next generation technologies, wanted to build schools, wanted to do my bit in politics, wanted to go to a top US university, and lot more.

As I walked down the path of being an entrepreneur. I realized that I was not superman after all and trying to do it all might not really work. I started focusing on what I could do something that no one had done before. I realized that the only way I could be successful was a “disciplined, focused and passionate pursuit of the dream”. Luckily, I found a set of people who shared the vision and are believers, hustlers, technologists, and innovators, all at once. Once I had the people who were ready to take that leap of faith and work towards a dream of creating a company that could create a lasting impact, we started InnovAccer, a Research and Innovation acceleration company.

As we started, we had challenges that every young company faces – acceptability in marketplace – lack of initial capital – lack of talented people to work with us and most importantly our internal fear of “What if”. These are challenges that every entrepreneur faces – I believe what would truly differentiate a successful one from someone who will have to try again is the “focus” on the pointed little problem that you are going to solve.

After hustling for the past few months, we are closer to having identified the problem that we are going to solve. It is an effort to get as streamlined, go as deep, and accomplish objectives as efficiently as possible. What we firmly believe is that this undivided focus and relentless passion are going to create a difference.

For anyone who is trying to build a company that could outlive them. It is challenging for the first few years – you will have to keep running - you will have to keep changing till you find that “sweet spot” – It could be your first shot or it could take you a couple of years – but in any case – if you are persistent and flexible enough you will find it - and when you do – your millionaire smile will tell it all.

Profile:
Abhinav Shashank is the Chief Operating Officer at InnovAccer - who believes that the next generation research will lead to products and services that will change the world. We try hard to accelerate this change. Technology, Data, and Innovation are things we live for. 
On a personal front - he loves philosophy and romanticism. My family and my values are the core of who I am and will go on to be.

In past, he has worked at Ingersoll Rand leading Innovation for the India business after graduating from Indian Institute of Technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment